How to prepare for labor & birth in Russia
Here are some life hacks from a expat father who has gone through the entire pregnancy and delivery of his (surprising) twins in Moscow, Russia.
- Look into your insurance when you start planning to have children - what is covered?
- Where?...and is it what you want?
- What are you entitled to? Find out from your employer and the government what maternity / paternity you will get and plan accordingly.
- Have a baby in summer (winter in Moscow is a nightmare at times without a newborn).
- Smile and roll with the punches / madness / shoe covers etc - the care is fantastic and the support of Katya will make it all just about bearable!