The mother can benefit from her placenta in many ways. Placenta pills, tincture, balm, cream, lotion and more – all can be made using the placenta. Each has its own benefits to the body and encourages a quicker, more natural recovery after birth. The most popular form of using the placenta is Placenta encapsulation (Placenta pills).
Placenta encapsulation is the process of transforming a fresh placenta into a capsule form. The process includes: complete dehydration, powdering and encapsulating the placenta. The capsules look just like any other vitamin or supplement we might take.
Possible benefits of Placenta Encapsulation include:
• A boost in energy level and feeling of vitality
• Increased healthy milk supply and milk to come in faster,
• Reduction of post-natal bleeding,
• Quicker return of the uterus to its pre-pregnancy state,
• Replenishment of iron levels,
• Balancing the hormones,
• Improvement in the appearance of skin, hair and nails,
• Happier, more enjoyable post-natal period
• Avoidance or reduction of postpartum depression or baby blues
• Faster recovery from birth
• Weight gained during pregnancy coming off quickly
Your placenta is amazing.
It contains your own natural hormones and elements, made by you, for you.
Nutrients found in the placenta:
• Stem Cells and Growth Factors: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
• Oxytocin - The love hormone. Creates feelings of bonding, pain relief, happiness and elation.
• Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) – reduces stress.
• Cytokins – heal and replace damaged cells and tissue
• Cortisone (cortisol) - unlocks energy stored in the body and combats stress.
• Prostaglandins - anti-inflammatory.
• Interferon - stimulates immune system to fight off infections.
• Iron – essential for oxygen absorption in the cells
• Hemoglobin - Replenishes iron, stimulates iron production in blood.
• Vitamins B6 – helps create antibodies.
• Vitamin E – heals damaged skin cells.
• Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII- Lessens bleeding and promotes faster healing.
• Prolactin - milk production.
• Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections